NEW ADDITION TO THE AGENDA
Join Dr. Ron Hirsch, Ernie de los Santos, and Day Egusquiza as they discuss the hot topics within the proposed ACA repeal and replace legislation. Significant potential impacts to all size employers, employees, premiums, Medicaid with pre-existing exclusions a real possibility – going back to pre-2010. We will see what July brings…
The panel discussion will start at noon for 1 hr on Friday, July 21. There is no additional cost to attend this session. Make a note to join us in person or via the web.
FEATURING A PRECONFERENCE SESSION
- Documentation 101: Telling an Enhanced Patient Story
- Regulatory Update: Impacts from DC and Payer Updates
- Managed Care Anguish and Why I Love the 2 MN Rule
- Contracting: Key Elements Within a Contract and Creating an Operational Focus for Contracting
- Payer Relations: Each Payer will Address Key Areas of Status Disputes, Contract Issues and Payer/Provider Challenges
- Case Study Discussion: Payer Denial Anguish with Action Plan
- Provider Challenges: BUILDING A Contract Data Base for ongoing Payer Challenges
- Provider Challenges: UM Contracting Worksheet
- Provider Challenges: Payer Anguish
- Provider Challenges: Payers and Providers Forging a new Relationship
- Provider Challenges: Payer/Provider Workgroup
- Appeal and Denial Prevention Team
- Nuts and Bolts of Peer2PeerReview
- Strategies for Internal Appeal filings
- Legal Team: When All Else Fails
TABLE TALK WITH FACULTY
- The Validity of Clinical Validation Denials
- Integration with the Revenue Cycle Team to Find Lost Revenue
- Lessons Learned from Filing Payer Appeals and Common Denial Patterns
- The Physician Advisor and Payer Relations
- Patient Notices: ABN, HINN, IMM, Moon
- Appeals Hot Topic
AND THE RAC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The Boot Camp Certificate Program Curriculum and Requirements are as Follows:
- Complete preconference readings (as needed, up to 4 hours).
- Attend the preconference (4 hours).
- Attend the entire Boot Camp (12 hours).
- Successfully complete the post-conference online examination (1 hour).
Those who successfully complete the program requirements and pass the final examination will receive a certificate of completion
Marlene Allen, MBA, CHA, CHCO
Compliance Internal Auditor/HIPAA Privacy Officer, Harrisburg Medical Center, Inc., Harrisburg, IL
R. Phillip Baker, MD
Physician Advisor, Self Regional Healthcare, Greenwood, SC
Clinical Appeals & Denials Coordinator, Infirmary Health, Former Coordinator Of Patient Financial Services, Infirmary Health, Mobile, AL
Mary Murray Battiste, MA
Manager, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Infirmary Health, Mobile, AL
Ernie de los Santos
Founder & Faculty Chair at Appeal Academy, Former Creator & Chief Architect, The RAC Shadow Agency, San Antonio, TX
Jessica L. Gustafson, Esq.
Founding Shareholder, The Health Law Partners, Southfield, MI
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP
Vice President, Regulations and Education Group, R1 Physician Advisory Services, Chicago, IL
Maria Johar, MD
System Physician Advisor and Medical Director, Promedica Health Network, Promedica Health System, Toledo, OH
Elizabeth Lamkin, MHA
Chief Executive Officer, PACE Healthcare Consulting, LLC, Former Market President &CEO, Hilton Head Regional Healthcare, Tenet Healthcare, Hilton Head Island, SC
Kathryn Lueken, MD, MMM, CPE
Regional Medical Director, Humana, Former Chief Medical Officer, WVP Health Authority, Durham, NC
William Malm, ND, CMAS, CRCR
Managing Director, Revenue Integrity Services, Healthcare Audit Specialist, Appeal Academy, Former Director, Revenue Integrity Services, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Cleveland, OH
John Montaine, MBA, FHFMA, HRM
Chief Executive Officer, Creative Managed Care Solutions, LLC, San Antonio, TX
Anand Nilakantan, DO, MBA
Medical Director, Aetna Mid-America Region, Dublin, OH
Abby Pendleton, Esq.
Founding Shareholder, The Health Law Partners, Southfield, MI
Ferdinand Richards, MD
Medical Director, KePro Quality Improvement Organization, Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine Physician, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL
K. Cheyenne Santiago, RN
Clinical Manager – Medical Review, WPS GHA, Omaha, NE
Sommer Slavin, RN, MS, MBA, CCDS
Program Coordinator, Utilization Management, Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
Denise Wilson, RN, MS, RRT
Vice President, Intersect Healthcare + AppealMasters, Lutherville, MD
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS PHYSICIAN ADVISOR – UR TEAM BOOT CAMPS
– Rarely, if ever, have I attended a conference with such consistently good speakers.
– The content was consistently PA-UR but the varied perspectives of speakers provided a 360 degree approach — excellent!
– I believe a lot — a whole lot — of the excellent feedback is due to the thorough planning and the professional execution of The Boot Camp. The participants both in person and online were treated respectfully. I have attended more than 100 CME conferences over 35 years and respect for the audience’s needs and time was lacking in most.
– Congrats to you both for putting together the best PA conference I’ve ever attended, and I’ve attended quite a few!
– First of all, thank you for a wonderful educational opportunity. I learned so much. More appropriately it confirmed much of what I already thought and envision for my institution. Perhaps I can use this knowledge and new found energy to bring my administrators along into this “new age” a bit more quickly and with some urgency.
– Thx for info today – can’t wait to go back to my system and help “tell the story from the beginning”
– Really liked the case studies over lunch and going over them after
– Fantastic conference – can’t wait to go to another one!
TRADITIONAL ONSITE ATTENDANCE
Simply register, travel to the conference city and attend in person.
Pros: subject matter immersion; professional networking opportunities; faculty interaction
LIVE AND ARCHIVED WEBCAST PARTICIPATION
Watch the conference in live streaming video over the Internet and at your convenience at any time 24/7 for the six months following the event.
The archived conference includes speaker videos and coordinated PowerPoint presentations.
Pros: Live digital feed and 24/7 Internet access for next six months; Accessible in office, at home or anywhere worldwide with Internet access; Avoid travel expense and hassle; No time away from the office.
WEBCAST INTERFACE SAMPLE
Click here for a sample stream